2018 Greater Cincinnati
Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018
Joe's Crab Shack-Bellevue, Ky.
|The Polar Plunge is a unique Special Olympics fundraiser that brings together two great neighbors to benefit Special Olympics athletes in both Kentucky and Ohio! The Plunge includes a fun, festive atmosphere with food and great prizes. The Plunge works just like a Walk-a-Thon, but with one big twist. Participants still solicit donations to support their effort (a BEAR minimum of $75 to take part -- $50 minimum for Junior Plungers, ages 6-18), but instead of walking, Polar Bears take a chilly dip into a pool that will be set up in the parking lot at Joe’s Crab Shack.|
Last year, the Polar Plunge raised more than $160,000 to support the efforts of Special Olympics athletes in Kentucky and Ohio.
For more information about the Polar Plunge, contact Taylor Ballinger at 800-633-7403 or 502-695-8222 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy O'Neal at 513-405-3450 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Getting Started is easy...
1. Click the "Register Here" button above and follow the step-by-step instructions to form a team, join a team or participate as an individual.
2. Next, using the My HQ Page, send your friends and family emails to let them know you are jumping for the athletes of Special Olympics Kentucky and Ohio! They can join your team, if you created one, or send you an on-line donation.
3. Sign in and pick up your prize redemption coupon and Plunge wristband (you MUST have your wristband to Plunge) at either Early Check In or at the Check In tables on the day of the Plunge.
NOTE: Even if you sign up on-line, you still MUST check in one of these two days.
4. Then join us Saturday, February 17, and Take the Plunge!
5. Each time you return to this Web site, Log In to your My HQPage and check your progress.
Friday, February 16
Joe's Crab Shack
Skip the lines on Saturday morning! If you have all your funds raised, we will finish your check in process early!
Saturday, February 17
Joe’s Crab Shack
9-11:30 am - On-Site Check-In
11 am - Opening Ceremonies
11:30 am - Plunging begins
Don't know a Polar Bear to support? Why not support the Official Polar Plunge spokesbear? Visit Glacier the Bear's personal Plunge page and make a donation today. Your contribution will go directly to support Special Olympics athletes!